Update: COVID-19 and volunteering
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with us.
Volunteers are an important part of the fabric of McAuley. Each volunteer brings skills and experiences that add value to the range of supports and programs that McAuley provides.
Volunteers are drawn to us by a strong desire to give their time to support women and children experiencing homelessness and family violence.
Due to the ever-changing situation with COVID-19 McAuley has decided to temporarily place volunteer recruitment activities on hold. This decision has been made to keep clients, volunteers and employees safe and to minimise the risk of spreading the virus in our community.
We encourage you to continue to check our website for future openings, and we look forward to inviting all volunteers back on site and welcoming new volunteers to McAuley.
About our volunteering program
Our volunteers are an essential part of our organisation. In 2018/2019 100 volunteers worked across every part of our organisation. We really couldn’t manage without their support.
Volunteers help women and children move towards safer, better lives, while also gaining a unique and valuable personal experience. We have a wide range of opportunities for people who can spare three to four hours a week or fortnightly.
We can accommodate business or school hours, weekends, and after hours. There are so many ways to get involved!
Benefits of volunteering
You can expect to:
- gain satisfaction from contributing in a meaningful way
- use your skills and interests to support women and their children
- be a member of a team with shared values and goals
- be valued and appreciated by those you work with
- learn more about McAuley Community Services for Women and the issues faced by women experiencing homelessness
- gain a current reference for future study or employment applications
- add work experience to build your resume.
What’s more, it’s a social environment and while helping others you’re sure to still have fun!